TRAINER | FACILITATOR | CONSULTANT
Feeling stuck? Need some ideas to help you and/or your team take a new direction, garner resources, or renew existing work? Call me. I am a fount of ideas and able to seed ideas from others.
Find Diverse Audiences, Participants, & Volunteers
I have had success in identifying, garnering and nurturing diverse groups of people to attend, participate in, and volunteer for arts, cultural and community events.
I can share this knowledge with your organization.
Training & Development
I have had significant experience facilitating workshops for adults and teens of my own design and adapting curricula of others. I have especially enjoyed designing train-the-trainer workshops. I firmly believe that if I can understand a topic, I can facilitate it.
Selected highlights of my training experience include:
- Presentations and workshops on cultural economic development, recruiting and managing multicultural volunteers, board development, fund raising and audience development.
- Training professionals on how to design and deliver workshops. Have developed a workshop-template that is easy to adapt to various subjects.
- Training on building collaborations and taking programs from the idea phase through implementation.
- Designing & facilitating training for management & non-management staff around such issues as preventing sexual harassment, customer service, conflict management, and affirming diversity/discovering common ground.
- Designing & facilitating personal empowerment workshops for adults and teens around themes of personal empowerment and positive self-esteem.
- Designing and presenting professional development seminars, keynote speeches, and workshops for educators, parents and administrators from diverse educational, economic and cultural backgrounds for groups as large as 125 and as intimate as 3.
- Researching, designing and facilitating parent education programs on child development and parenting issues for children birth through teen years.
- Recruiting, supervising, training & evaluating a staff of 30 parent educators.
Public Speaking/Media Appearances
Keynote speaker to groups interested in cultural economic development, parenting education, and personal empowerment in Boston, San Antonio, Charlotte, Hyannis, and Missoula, Montana.
Appearances on national and local news programs speaking on cultural economic development issues and parenting issues.
Profiled or quoted in The New York Times, The Christian Science Sentinel, Women’s Day, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, Los Angeles Times, Bay State Banner, South End News, Creative Communities Handbook, and Boston Business Journal, among others.
I have facilitated discussions, meetings, tours and retreats. For additional information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can begin discussing your project. If it seems a fit for my skills and availability, we will talk by phone.
Thank you for your interest.